Frequently Asked Questions
(Please create hyperlinks to the specific query in the page)
- What should I do if I have trouble logging in?
- Can I get a discount if I make a larger order?
- What should I do if I want to add or remove the items in the cart?
- How to create a customized lantern order?
- How can I become a retailer of Ethical Existence products? What rates will I be offered as a retail partner?
- What is PayPal?
- After making a payment, can I change my billing or shipping information?
- How do I know if my payment has been received?
- Do you provide an invoice?
- Can I use other payment methods to pay for the order, such as a credit card or an offline payment method?
- Why am I being asked to “Verify” my payment?
- How do I change the shipping method?
- How do I change my shipping address?
- When will I receive my items after I place an order?
- Do you ship to my country and what are the shipping rates?
- Why is the shipping cost on some items so expensive?
- Does the product price include the shipping price?
- How do I know if my items have been shipped or not?
- How do I track my order?
- Why is my tracking number invalid?
- If Customs duties are incurred, who is responsible for them?
- If my items are detained by Customs, who is responsible for clearance of the items?
- On the package, why do you declare a lower price for my order?
- If a large order is delivered to my country, will Customs inspect my order?
- What if my parcel is seized by Customs?
- After payment has cleared, how long do I wait until my order is sent out?
After sales FAQs
- How can I cancel my order, before and after payment?
- How can I return purchased items to Ethical Existence?
- Under which circumstances would an item be able to be exchanged or returned?
- Where do I return the item?
1. What should I do if I have trouble logging in? (Sher to reconfirm process)
Please follow these instructions:
Check your login details. Your login username is the email address you used for registration.
If you have forgotten your password, please select the “Forgot your password?” option on the Sign In page. Complete the information regarding your registration details and select the “Reset your password” option.
Please make sure that your web browser accepts cookies.
The bambooandsilk.com website may be undergoing system maintenance. If so, please wait 30 minutes and try again.
If you are still unable to access your account, you can contact our Customer Service Department at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the problem. We will assign a new password for you and you can change it once you log in.2. Can I get a discount if I make a larger order?
Our prices are very competitive. For retail customers we offer bulk retail discounts depending on the quantity. It is important to note that handicrafts (unlike machine made products) are individual and unique pieces. Higher volume and bulk purchase though welcome does not make our production process any faster or cheaper. The cost of manufacturing and payments to the Artisans remains the same irrespective of the order quantity.
Approved wholesale customer will get wholesale rates once your account is approved. There is however a minimum order quantity for wholesale purchase
3. What should I do if I want to add or remove the items in the cart?
Please sign into your Ethical Existence account and select the shopping cart on the top right of the page. You will be able to view all of the items that are currently in the shopping cart. If you wish to delete an item from the cart, simply click on the “Remove” button next to the item. If you wish to change the quantity for any individual item, simply enter the new amount you want to purchase in the “Qty” column.
4. How to create a customized lantern order?
We provide a very high level of customisation and can tailor-make every order to suit your needs. We offer the following:
– Customer specific colour/ shape/size combination
– Products to suit your specific events and occasions
– Hand painting on Raw Silk and Satin Silk lanterns
Send us an email on email@example.com with as much details and we will get in touch to make it happen:
– The product(s) that you are interested in
– The exact order quantity for each product
– Your desired timeframe
– Any special packing instructions and shipping instructions
5. How can I become a retailer of Ethical Existence products? What rates will I be offered as a retail partner?
Yes we have many retail partners and welcome retailers with a passion for art and craft wanting to stock and retail our handicrafts and products
To become a retailer and get our attractive wholesale rates, you are required to fill the retailer registration form XXXXXXX on our website. Once approved, we will send you your login details and you can start ordering. Please note the following:
– Wholesale rates have minimum order quantity
– Shipping is as per your specifications. We will provide with all support
– Our rates include packing and all packing material
– The rates are FOB at point of origin
1. What is PayPal?
PayPal is a secure and trustworthy payment processing service, which allows you to shop online. PayPal can be used at bambooandsilk.com to purchase items using your Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express), Debit Card, or your regular Bank Account. Ethical Existence cannot see your card number as it is securely encrypted through PayPal’s server. This limits the risk of unauthorized use and access. We strongly recommend this payment method for your information security.
There is no charge for retail customers. However, for wholesale andcorders we levy a 4.4% charge to cover our costs
2. What other payments methods are available?
In addition to Paypal, you are most welcome to deposit funds directly into our bank account using International Money Transfer. We also accept Western Union transfers
3. After making a payment, can I change my billing or shipping information?
Once you have placed an order, you should not change your billing or shipping address information. If you want to make a change, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible during the order processing stage to indicate your request. If the package has not been dispatched yet, we will be able to ship to the new address. However, if the package has already been shipped, then the shipping information will not be to be changed while the package is in transit.
3. How do I know if my payment has been received?
Once your payment has been processed we will send you a notification email to inform you about the order. You can also visit www.bambooandsilk.com and log into your customer account to check the order status at any time. If Ethical Existence has received payment, the order status will show “Processing”. Sher to confirm
4. Do you provide an invoice?
Yes. Once we have received an order and payment has been cleared, the invoice will be sent to you via email. A copy of the invoice will also be attached to your order during shipping
1. How do I change the shipping method?
Once you have placed an order, the shipping method should not be altered. However, you can still contact us on email@example.com. Please do this as soon as possible during the order processing stage. It may be possible for us to update the shipping method. All shipping (other than free worldwide shipping offer) is paid at actuals and you will be required to cover any difference incurred in the shipping cost
2. How do I change my shipping address?
In the event that you wish to change the shipping address after placing an order, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible during the order processing stage to indicate your request. If the package has not been dispatched yet, we will be able to ship to the new address. However, if the package has already been shipped, then the shipping information will not be changed while the package is in transit.
3. When will I receive my items after I place an order?
The duration depends on the shipping method and the destination country. Delivery times vary based on the shipping method used. If the package cannot be delivered on time due to war, flood, typhoon, storm, earthquake, severe weather conditions, or any other situation, which cannot be foreseen or avoided, then delivery will be postponed. In the event of such delays, we will work on the issue until there is a positive solution.
4. Do you ship to my country and what are the shipping rates?
We ship worldwide. The exact shipping rate varies based on the item weight and the destination country. We will always suggest the most appropriate shipping weight for our customers to help to save money. Our aims is always fast and secure delivery of items to our customers.
5. Why is the shipping cost on some items so expensive?
The delivery cost depends on the volumetric weight and shipping method that is selected, along with the shipping time and the destination country.
6. Does the product price include the shipping price?
The product price does not include the shipping price. The online ordering system will generate a shipping quote for your order.
7. How do I know if my items have been shipped or not?
When your items have been dispatched, we will send a notification email to your registered email address. The tracking number is normally available within the next few days of dispatch and we will update the tracking information on your account.
8. How do I track my order?
Once we provide you with the tracking number, you will be able to check the item delivery status online by accessing the website of the relevant delivery company.
9. Why is my tracking number invalid?
The tracking information normally appears after 2-3 business days following dispatch. If a tracking number is not searchable after this period of time, there are several possible causes.
The shipping companies have not updated the delivery information on the website with the most up-to-date status; the tracking code for the package is incorrect; the parcel has been delivered a long time ago and the information has expired; some shipping companies will remove the tracking code history.
We would advise you to contact us on email@example.com and provide them with your order number. We will contact the shipping company on your behalf, and you will be updated once there is any further information.
10. If Customs duties are incurred, who is responsible for them?
Customs is a governmental agency responsible for regulating the shipments entering a specific country or region. All shipments being sent to or from region must clear Customs first. It is always the buyer’s responsibility to clear customs and pay the relevant Customs duties. Ethical Existence does not add taxes, VAT, duty, or any other hidden charges.
11. On the package, can you declare a lower price for my order?
No, we always ensure the correct pricing information on the invoice. Duties and taxes are part of the buying process and we request you not to request any alteration of invoice value
12. If my items are detained by Customs, who is responsible for clearance of the items?
If the items are detained by Customs, the buyer is responsible for clearance of the items. The shipping company (if using door to door service) will assist you in the clearance process. We will provide with all supporting information and paperwork that may be required from us to assist in the process
13. After payment has cleared, how long do I wait until my order is sent out?
All products are handmade and depending on the orders in queue and your quantity, level of customisation, hand painting request etc, it can take 3-7 business days for the order to be completed and dispatched. We will keep you informed
After Sales FAQs
1. How can I cancel my order, before and after payment?
Cancellation before payment
If you have not paid for your order yet, then there is no need for you to contact us to cancel it. We do not process orders until a matching payment has been received for the order.
Withdrawing an order after payment
If you have already paid for an order and want to cancel it, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Generally, if your order is in an early part of the processing stage, you may still be able to change or cancel it. You can ask for a refund or provide the payment as credit for future orders. All costs incurred by us during processing and for refunds will have to be paid by you
2. How can I return purchased items to Ethical Existence?
Before returning any items to us, please read and follow the instructions below. Please make sure that you understand our return policy and that you meet all the criteria. The first step is to contact us on email@example.com and provide us with the following information:
a. The original order number
b. The reason for the return
c. Photographs clearly showing the problem with the item
All returns and refunds will be as per our Returns policy. Please refer to the terms of the policy here XXXXXX
3. Under which circumstances would an item be able to be exchanged or returned?
At Ethical Existence, we pride ourselves in the quality of our products. It is important to consider the flaws in handicraft products. They are not and will never be perfect and that is the beauty of the products. Each one is unique and different from the other
Should you find any item to be materially defective, the item must be returned to us in the same condition as it was sent within 7 calendar days after receiving the product. Although we carefully check all products for defects and damage prior to shipment, it is the buyer’s responsibility to check the product upon its arrival to make sure it is free from any defects or problems. Damaged goods due to client negligence or transit damage cannot be considered quality issues
We will exchange your product in cases where the purchased product does not match the item ordered. For instance, it is not the color or size that you ordered (perceived color differences due to your computer monitor will not be exchanged). All hand painted products are unique and the items you will receive will never 100% match the website pictures. These minor differences will not be grounds for returns
While we make lot of efforts in ensuring the colours shown on the website are a close match to the real silk fabric, however the real product will look slightly different from the pictures.
All returned and exchanged items must be returned within 7 calendar days. Returns and exchanges will only occur for eligible products. We reserve the right to refuse the return and exchange of any items that do not meet the return policy terms and conditions.
4. Where do I return the item?
Once we mutually agree to the return to the product, we will nominate an address for the product to be sent. We will process your refund or exchange once we receive the products at the nominated address